Monday, August 27, 2007

Hardhead 2037 - Div10 Subcompact (Obsolete)

The car is updated here.
 
Subcompact, Xhvy Ch., Hvy Sus., Large PP, driver, 4 HD tires, 1sp. EWP top with LL forward; 8 pts EWP armor; 33 pts Armor: F11 R6 L6 B10 U0 T0, Acc. 10, HC 3, 2757 lbs., $7343
  • Option - LL to MG, $5843

Design Notes - Ugh. I think this was to experiment with the idea that subcompacts could use EWPs in the never-ending bid to be effective. Subcompacts and Vans, the ends of the original CW spectrum - and how I still think about the game, sorry - were badly conceived and haven't improved much in 20 years. But I'll include my gripes and my attempts to improve things in another section of posts. This will include my complaints about the Light Laser. I included it in this car because, 20 years ago, it was the best one space weapon available. Now they are truly obsolete.

(2013: I'm thinking of possibly making a new division called "Division Three-Quarters" for cars under $7500.  I've seen the fun in designing for low money bouts, and there's enough of a jump between 5K and 10K that another one in between possibly would be fun)

Name Notes - The original name was "Hafoove."

[Updated Nov 8, 2013]

No comments: