Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Grapeshot 2037 - Div50 Luxury (Obsolete)


Luxury, X-Hvy Ch., Hvy. Sus., T-Cat PP, 4 SD tires, driver, Laser in turret, 2 linked RR front with extra mags, SD back, Hi-Res comp., IFE, active suspension, 4x10 pt. WG, 146 pts Plastic Armor: F40 R30 L30 B25 T6 U15; HC 3, Acc. 10, 6595 lbs., $45,840

Combat record: 
  • I erased a lot from the combat sheet but I can make out: 
  • 20 shots from Laser, 20 for RR too, 5 to SD (must have been a scenario or road race), 
  • 6 hits to B, 40 hits to front, tires look chewed up too, as do WG. 
  • I wish I could remember the story behind this combat, the aftermath looks great!

Design notes: See my earlier rants about HTMs and then look at this ungainly hypercephalic land-whale. Even without the T-cat, I have three weapons and no gunner. While normally I put in extra magazines for random reasons - possibly because I liked filling every available space in the car, even with useless junk - here it matters because it was a scenario race. 20 full shots from the RR?! The barrel should have melted!

Name notes: Originally this was called "Fastenpurty."  And from the above scan, I can see that this was one of the earliest designs (by the quality of art and the paper).  And that may mean my terrible names were from the early days.
 
[Updated: Nov 8, 2013]

No comments: